Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Electronics Assembler
Why you should come work with the Romet Team:
- We offer market-competitive starting rates
- Paid breaks
- Start earning overtime after 40 hours per week
- Shift Premiums
- 100% company-paid benefits plan
- Group Retirement Plan
- Training opportunities, a great team, and more!
ROMET Limited was founded in 1972. Today, Romet is an international market leader that provides end-to-end measurement solutions to natural gas utilities across the globe by providing best-in-class technologies to meet our customers’ needs now and 20 years from now. Our technological platforms are designed to seamlessly provide customer-centric measurement solutions. Our mission is centered on customer satisfaction through responsive deliveries, technical support, and customer service that is matched with rugged and reliable products, manufactured with uncompromising quality, accuracy, and safety requirements. We will continue developing innovative technologies within the natural gas industry, promoting efficient, sustainable, and cost-effective energy solutions.
Romet is a collaborative organization where talent is combined with experience to drive our business toward success. This is made possible by the work ethic, creativity, and passion of our team members and their continued commitment to delivering customer satisfaction. Our team is truly diverse with different areas of expertise and backgrounds, all guided by a team of experienced and innovative leaders. Romet has been recognized as a Gold winner for Best Managed Companies in Canada for six consecutive years.
We are currently looking for an Electronics Assembler to join our busy and growing manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be engaged in elevating the department and company to the next level. The incumbent will be forward-looking and thrive in a culture of continuous improvement.
For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to be developed and invested in to become an integral member of the Production team within operations. We are looking for a highly motivated, focused, and outgoing person who wants to springboard their career with a thriving manufacturing company. You will be provided the coaching and training needed throughout the onboarding and orientation process that will build from your base of skills acquired from your past experiences.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining a high-growth, technically relevant organization this may be the opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the Electronics Supervisor, the Electronics Assembler will follow detailed assembly and test instructions to assemble modules and housings within the Electronics department. Will also cross-train and support team members.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Follow detailed assembly and test instructions, processes, and procedures
- Assemble sub-assemblies
- Assemble modules: ECM-2, ECM-PTZ, AdEM-T, AdEM-PTZ, AdEC, etc.
- Assemble electronic housings
- Perform TC Tests and Environmental Chamber Tests
- Perform a variety of testing related to the performance of Romet electronic products
- Must be able to solder electronic/electrical components as per work instructions
- Must be able to assemble cables and connectors as per drawings provided
- Must follow electronic assembly practices including ESD procedures
- Select stock/parts
- Use hand and air tools, safely and as prescribed
- Follow quality control practices
- Wear personal safety equipment as required
- Maintain 5S practices
- Record keeping as directed by Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be mechanically and electronically inclined
- Must be able to use various hand and air tools
- Must be able to solder
- IPC training would be an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Poses excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Community College Certificate/Diploma or work experience
- Problem-solving and Root Cause Analysis training and experience
- Lean Manufacturing training and experience as an asset
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Cloud Engineer JOBS 2022
Full Job Description
What we offer
What you’ll do
- Automate the deployment of applications and services, including the deployment of new enterprise applications.
- Maintain live services through monitoring of key performance indicators, including resource utilization and cost metrics, and improve uptime by ensuring seamless updates and automating fault recovery.
- Manage and deploy network resources, identifying bottlenecks and cost tradeoffs in application performance.
- Craft and continuously improve the lifecycle of service deployments within the business, from inception through implementation.
- With a passion for automation, research and recommend best practices and innovative approaches for cloud administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Ensure smooth deployments and compliance with security standards, through continuous learning and adapting to new technologies, infrastructure, and frameworks.
- Assist with the engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs, centered around the Azure and AWS Cloud.
- Collaboration and engineering of solutions for software developers, as a key DevOps partner and leader.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Management & Service Desk Management, to identify, assess and communicate operational risks
- Assist with the development, updates, and distribution of Controls documentation
- Support with after-hour emergencies when required
What you bring
- College diploma or university degree in business or information systems required
- 2+ years of experience supporting multi-cloud environment mid-level technical support role
- Exceptional working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases, and network security concepts.
- Experience with the following:
- Azure and AWS cloud platforms
- Infrastructure Automation and Infrastructure Coding
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Strong analytical skills and troubleshooting methods, including strong technical knowledge of modern workplace infrastructure.
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written information in a clear, friendly, detailed informative manner and superior phone skills
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator or Solutions Architect
- AWS: Solutions Architect
- Experience with the following:
- Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, and DevOps
- PowerShell Scripting
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Be yourself. We want it that way.
HR Generalist Assistant job
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by the employer
- $59.3K–$75.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Kitchener, ON.
Full Job Description
Celebrating 60 years in business!
Who we are
With nine wholesale branches and three luxury showrooms located throughout southwestern Ontario, Marks Supply is a leading supplier of top-quality Plumbing, PVF, Hydronics, and HVAC products. Our success is directly linked to our conviction to provide exceptional customer service; nurture a highly educated, knowledgeable team of employees; and embrace new, innovative technology. Recently acquired by Munch’s Supply, a leading U.S.-based HVAC and Plumbing Distributor, we are uniquely positioned to grow exponentially.
What makes us different from other wholesale distributors is our people, and the deep commitment they have to share the very best product knowledge to guide customer decisions and demonstrate our value. Through ongoing training, a generous education policy, and our Product Pros Program, we set our teams up for success, knowing they are the foundation our success relies on. Joining us now is a chance to be a critical part of the next phase of our growth and the confidence to know we will take you on that journey with us.
Who we need
We are seeking an enthusiastic people management professional to join our team in Kitchener as our new Human Resources (HR) Generalist. You will take charge of the day-to-day operational activities related to human resources, offering advice on compliance with industry practices, supporting talent management, and implementing workplace health and safety standards.
What’s in it for you
Exposure and professional growth. You want to expand your accountabilities to take ownership of your HR activities in Kitchener and empower those around you. You will be supported by colleagues across our portfolio, taking on different challenges every day and learning as you go. You will build your understanding of our organizational HR’s inner workings and our industry. You will have the chance to build your career in this role and make your mark as you grow with us, including opportunities to move into an HRBP role.
What you will do:
- Support talent management. You will assist in optimizing the recruitment processes for new staff, employing strategies to ensure that they are welcomed and integrate well into our workforce.
- Advise stakeholders on compliance. You will offer recommendations and information to both managers and employees on lawful compliance with industry workplace standards.
- Administer and design workplace programs. You will assist in the development and execution of the programs for workplace performance, including but not limited to learning and development, talent acquisition, employee lifecycle development, employee rewards including benefits and compensation, and compliance.
- Support employee-centric programs. You will assist in the administration of staff performance evaluation, recognition, and development programs, to ensure all employees are working at their best capacity.
- Maintain and follow up on employee information. You will preserve employee data both electronically and physically. You will also follow up on all filed employee files, including WSIB, STD, LTD, and protective leave forms.
- Manage branch HR requests. You will take the daily requests from various branches regarding employee relation issues, training, recruitment, and more.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You have a degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field and three years of progressive experience in HR. You have a working understanding of WSIB standards and how to administer their relevant forms. You are a member of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) and have or are working towards a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation.
- The technical skills. You have a working knowledge of standard HRIS software such as Workday, ADP, or Ceridian. In addition, you are proficient with MS Office and may have exposure to LMS systems.
- The accountability. You are a go-getter and solution-oriented. You have the drive for success, deep respect for confidentiality, and can exercise discretion where required. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize competing deliverables and timelines.
- Interpersonal skills. You have effective and flexible communications skills and can build working relationships with management, employees, and relevant business stakeholders.
Need more reasons to join?
Marks Supply is a place where respect for the person, the work, and opinions are paramount. With executive leaders onsite weekly, this is a place that retains and actively nurtures a small company’s feelings while drawing on the benefits and support of a larger organization. Our culture is built around supporting a better life for our employees. We have a roster of people who have been with us for over 15 years and a welcoming environment and room to grow for new team members.
- We appreciate you. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees in both their professional and personal lives through our Build a Better Life (BABL) program. We offer tools and resources, including comprehensive health benefits for you and your family; Employee and Family Assistance Program; financial planning and saving resources; educational reimbursement, and more.
- We foster a casual atmosphere and a distinct lack of bureaucracy. Our uniqueness is access to decision-makers, an openness to ideas, and the confidence that you aren’t a number, you are a name. We pride ourselves on a place where people can bring their whole selves to work, and we train our managers on how to adapt to an individual’s learning and feedback style. We empower our employees to make decisions, learn from their mistakes, and reach further in their careers with us.
- We care. There’s just no other way to put this. No bells, no whistles needed. At Marks Supply, taking care of our people and giving back to our community is a priority. The annual John Todd Invitational Golf Tournament has contributed more than $117,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society and KidsAbility to the We Care/We Share award that splits donations between an employee cause and a client cause.
- We have fun. In fact, we have a whole team dedicated to planning it. When in-person gatherings are allowed, we host skating nights, family BBQs, annual branch dinners, an in-house baseball team; a party to celebrate long-term employees. Every month we publish our Coming Down the Pipe employee newsletter with educational tips, songs, and more shared by the people who make up our teams.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of your success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Marks Supply welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
job apply now link: HR Generalist Assistant job